Miswak is a twig that has been used since ages for
oral hygiene. Studies show that miswak works better then a tooth paste.
Muslims use it now as well as it is believed that the last Prophet used
A few important benefits of Miswak
* Miswak is used as an effective anti-bacterial for teeth, by kill gum
diseases that cause bacteria formation. Thus keeps teeth healthy and
safe. It kills a bacterium that causes periodontal disease.
* Another reason miswak is an effective oral hygienic element as it
fights plaque with is natural comment.
* It effectively Fights against caries.
* While your teeth are healthy your mouth doesn’t smell bad. It has its
natural fragrance that keeps your mouth sell good.
* It acts like a brush to. Brushes between the teeth as well and keeps
them clean. It has parallel bristles to its stick. Therefore it not only
acts a tooth brush or a tooth paste it also acts like floss.
* Miswak also Increases salivation and hence restrains dry mouth (Xerostomia).
* It is 20 times more effective than ordinary mint. Studies show that
ordinary mint only kills 3.6% of bacteria while mint laced with miswak
killed up to 60 % of bacteria.
It prevents gingivitis provided it is used correctly.