1. Dress up for your wife, look
clean and smell good. When was the last time us men went shopping for designer
pyjamas? Just like the husband wants his wife to look nice for him, she also
wants her husband to dress up for her too. Remember that Rasul Allah(saw) would
always star t with a miswak when returning home, and always loved the sweetest
2. Use the cutest names for your wife. Rasul Allah(saw), had nicknames for his
wives. Call your wife by the most beloved names to her, and avoid using names
that hurt her feelings.
3. Don't treat her like a fly. We never think about a fly in our daily lives
until it 'bugs' us. Similarly, a wife will do well all day- which brings no
attention from the husband- until she does something to 'bug' him. Don't treat
her lie this; recognise all the good that she does and focus on that.
4. If you see wrong from your wife, try being silent and do not comment! This is
one of the ways Rasul Allah(saw) used when he would see something in appropriate
from his wives(ra). Its a technique that few Muslim men have mastered.
5. Smile at your wife whenever you see her, and embrace her often. Smiling is
Sadaqah and your wife in not exempt from the Muslim Ummah. Imagine life with her
constantly seeing you smiling. Remember all those Ahadith when Rasul Allah(saw)
would kiss his wife before leaving for Salat, even if he was fasting.
6. Thank her for all that she does for you. Then thank her again! Take for
example a dinner at your house. She makes the food, cleans the home, and a dozen
other tasks. And sometimes the only acknowledgement she recieves is that there
needed to be more salt in the soup. Don't let that be; thank her!
7. Ask her to write down the last ten things you did for her that made her
happy, then go and do them again. You don't have to play a guessing game, ask
her and work on recreating those times in your life.
8. Don't belittle her desires. Comfort her. Sometimes men may look down upon the
requests of their wives. Rasul Allah(saw) set the example for us in an incident
when Saffiyah(ra) was crying because, as she said, he had put her on a slow
camel. He wiped her tears, comforted her, and brought her another camel.
9. Be humorous and play games with your wife. Look at how Rasul Allah(saw) would
race his wife, Aisha(ra) in the desert. When was the last time we did something
10. Always remember the words of Allah's(swt) messenger(saw):" The best of you
are those who treat their families the best. And I am the best amongst you to my
In conclusion, never forget to make dua to Allah Ta'ala to make your marriage
successful. And Allah Ta'ala knows best!!