Wage Meaning in French
Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To expose ones self to, as a risk; to incur, as a danger; to venture; to hazard.
- (v. t.) To give security for the performance of.
- (v. i.) To bind ones self; to engage.
- (v. t.) To adventure, or lay out, for hire or reward; to hire out.
- (v. t.) To put upon wages; to hire; to employ; to pay wages to.
- (v. t.) To engage in, as a contest, as if by previous gage or pledge; to carry on, as a war.
- (v. t.) To pledge; to hazard on the event of a contest; to stake; to bet, to lay; to wager; as, to wage a dollar.
- (v. t.) That which is staked or ventured; that for which one incurs risk or danger; prize; gage.
- (v. t.) That for which one labors; meed; reward; stipulated payment for service performed; hire; pay; compensation; -- at present generally used in the plural. See Wages.
French to English and English to French dictionary - Online english French dictionary more than 90000 english French words meanings. English French dictionary helps to find english translation of French words and urdu translation of english word. You can also search french to english by using urdu keyboard given at page. If you are unable to find your desired word's meaning then you can suggest us.