Qualify Meaning in French
, donner les qualités requises
Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To obtain legal power or capacity by taking the oath, or complying with the forms required, on assuming an office.
- (v. t.) To soothe; to cure; -- said of persons.
- (v. i.) To be or become qualified; to be fit, as for an office or employment.
- (v. t.) To give individual quality to; to modulate; to vary; to regulate.
- (v. t.) To make such as is required; to give added or requisite qualities to; to fit, as for a place, office, occupation, or character; to furnish with the knowledge, skill, or other accomplishment necessary for a purpose; to make capable, as of an employment or privilege; to supply with legal power or capacity.
- (v. t.) To reduce from a general, undefined, or comprehensive form, to particular or restricted form; to modify; to limit; to restrict; to restrain; as, to qualify a statement, claim, or proposition.
- (v. t.) Hence, to soften; to abate; to diminish; to assuage; to reduce the strength of, as liquors.
French to English and English to French dictionary - Online english French dictionary more than 90000 english French words meanings. English French dictionary helps to find english translation of French words and urdu translation of english word. You can also search french to english by using urdu keyboard given at page. If you are unable to find your desired word's meaning then you can suggest us.