Plough Meaning in French
Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Charless Wain
- (v. t.) To trim, or shave off the edges of, as a book or paper, with a plow. See Plow, n., 5.
- (v. t.) To turn up, break up, or trench, with a plow; to till with, or as with, a plow; as, to plow the ground; to plow a field.
- (n.) Same as Charless Wain.
- (v. t.) To furrow; to make furrows, grooves, or ridges in; to run through, as in sailing.
- (n.) A joiners plane for making grooves; a grooving plane.
- (n.) Fig.: Agriculture; husbandry.
- (v. i.) To labor with, or as with, a plow; to till or turn up the soil with a plow; to prepare the soil or bed for anything.
- (n.) An implement for trimming or shaving off the edges of books.
- (n. & v.) See Plow.
- (n.) A well-known implement, drawn by horses, mules, oxen, or other power, for turning up the soil to prepare it for bearing crops; also used to furrow or break up the soil for other purposes; as, the subsoil plow; the draining plow.
- (n.) A carucate of land; a plowland.
- (n.) To cut a groove in, as in a plank, or the edge of a board; especially, a rectangular groove to receive the end of a shelf or tread, the edge of a panel, a tongue, etc.
French to English and English to French dictionary - Online english French dictionary more than 90000 english French words meanings. English French dictionary helps to find english translation of French words and urdu translation of english word. You can also search french to english by using urdu keyboard given at page. If you are unable to find your desired word's meaning then you can suggest us.