1. In a large pot, heat 150g of ghee, add the garlic, stir and add the meat, bones and Shan Nihari Mix. Fry for a few minutes and add 10 glasses water.
2. Cover and cook on a very low heat until the meat is tender. (For beef 6-8 hours, for mutton 4-6 hours).
3. Mix the flour with 3 cups of water and add this gradually to the meat juices, stirring constantly to mix evenly. Remove the bones and cook on a high heat for 15 minutes.
4. Heat the remaining ghee and cook the sliced onion until golden brown.
5. Add the onions to the Nihari, cover and simmer for 30 minutes on a low heat.
6. Shan Nihari Recipe is ready to serve.
7. Serve garnished with finely chopped green chillies, ginger and lime juice, accompanied by hot naan breads.