1. Whisk butter and sugar together until light a fluffy.
2. In a bowl add all dry ingredients and mix.
3. Gradually add 1 tbs of flour at a time into the butter and sugar batter, along with 1 egg at a time so that the egg does not split.
4. Add milk and vanilla essence and whisk.
5. Now divide the batter into 5 bowls.
6. In each bowl of batter at each food coloring, to the color you desire.
7. Place cupcakes in a cupcake/muffin try.
8. Add spoonfuls of each colored batter in to each cupcake case.
9. Layers of colored batter will be in each cupcake.
10. Bake in a preheated oven at 180c for 15-20 mins.
11. Take out and cool on a wire rack.
12. To make butter frosting: Beat butter till white.
13. Add icing sugar, vanilla essence and enough warm milk to make a smooth paste.
14. Add color to the butter frosting of your choice.
15. Apply Butter frosting and decorate.