1) Boil 1 lit milk in a pan.
2) Remove the seeds from the cardamom and grind it . Personally, I don’t prefer whole cardamom in Payesh as I have to spit out the cardamom while eating. So what you can put the cardamom outer shell inside this spice infuser and soak in the boiling milk for 5 mins.
3) Add the rice and cook for 20 mins in a medium heat until the rice is soft. Stir occasionally so that the rice does not stick to the bottom.
4) Add the condensed milk and stir well.
5) Add sugar, cashew nut and raisin and cook it for 5 more mins.
6) Lastly add the cardamom powder and mix well. Cover the lid and let it cool. Put it in the refrigerator when it is at room temperature.
Cooking Time: 45 min