1 Kg. mutton
• 1 Kg. Palak
• 1-1½ tsp. salt (according to taste)
• ¼ tsp. turmeric (Haldi) powder
• 1 tsp. chili (Lal Mirch) powder
• 4-6 tbs. oil
• 1 tsp. ginger (Adrak) paste
• ½ tsp. garlic (Lehsan) paste
• 2 tomato-chopped
• 6-8 whole black pepper (Kali Mirch)
• 3-4 cloves (Laung)
• 2 black cardamom (Bari Ilaichi)
• ¼ tsp. cumin seeds (Zeera)
• 3-4 green chilies
• 1 small of ginger (Adrak)–sliced
• 2 tbs. corn or wheat flour
• 1 tbs. dry fenugreek (Methi) leaves - Kasuri
Steam/blanch the Palak and grind.
Fry the onion in the oil till brown. Mix all the ingredients together and add to the pot and stir till the tomato has become soft and the water has dried.
Add the meat and cook again to let the water dry. Add 3-4 glasses of water cover and leave to tenderize.
When meat is almost done add ground Palak, Methi and flour. Cook till water dries.
Garnish with fresh chopped green chilies.
Serve with chapati or naan
Serving: 6 -8 persons