1) Whole chickens, skinned 1
2) Lemon juice 4 tablespoons
3) Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
4) Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
5) Cumin (zeera powder) 1 teaspoon
6) Garam masala 1 teaspoon
7) Chili powder 1 teaspoon
8) Curry powder 1 teaspoon
9) Salt 1 teaspoon
10) Oil for deep frying
11) Chat masala 1 teaspoon
1. Place the chicken on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, make deep incisions at 2 inches intervals.
2. Place the chicken in a large bowl and rub 2 tablespoon lemon juice into the incisions.
3. Cover and leave to marinate for about an hour.
4. Add ginger, garlic, cumin, garam masala, chili powder, salt and curry powder to the lemon juice to make a paste.
5. Rub the marinade over the chicken.
6. Cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for about 5-6 hours or over night in a refrigerator.
7. Heat oil in a deep fryer or a karahai to smoking point, then reduce the heat to medium.
8. Fry the chicken carefully in hot oil, turning many times to ensure even browning.
9. Fry the chirgha for 12-15 minutes to a golden color, drain thoroughly with a perforated slice.
10. Then place them on absorbent kitchen paper.
11. Sprinkle with chat masala.
12. Decorate with lemon wedges and onion rings.
13. Serve with Nan, Poodinay Ki Chutney and Raita.